Sunday, November 24, 2013

An Old School Vision


As I reminisce, giggle and rejoice about those sweet memories of my Momi and Papi, what stands out the most was the way my mother patiently cut my father's hair. As a child all I heard was my father directing my mother about how much hair not to cut off and to hurry up because he wanted to watch the news afterwards(Hehehe).  At times I felt as if I was watching a family sit com.

WOW, now that I'm a wife and mom, I too cut my hubby's and our 4 sons hair every 2 weeks. The bible is so true when it says this ...
 
Revelation 14:13 (NLV) - Then I heard a voice from heaven, saying, “Write these words: ‘From now on those who are dead who died belonging to the Lord will be happy.’” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “they will have rest from all their work. All the good things they have done will follow them.”

Every time I enter my kitchen, I encounter flash backs about those loving, but yet extremely serious conversations my mother and I had. They were always chuck full of motherly advice that truly have benefited my family and me ...

1 Timothy 5:2 (NCV) - Older women like mothers, and younger women like sisters. Always treat them in a pure way.

My father was also constantly telling me that today I'm a daughter; but one day I'll be a wife and mother. My Papi didn't believe in sugar coating life, he was direct and to the point when it came to giving advice and he did it with this intent too ...

Proverbs 13:24 (GNT) - If you don't punish your children, you don't love them. If you do love them, you will correct them.

In Jesus name, my GEM and I are going to continue to love, advice and especially discipline our 4 Diamond sons ...

Blessings,
Written by Pastor Nancy Advincola (c)Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by and we Hope & PRAY that you have a BLESSED Day in JESUS name ... AMEN,